Shalee, Avalan, Me
All the kids opening their presents
AJ and Summer are really out there!
The tunnel in front of our house
My mom standing inside of the tunnel and by the
drift that is blocking our road.
Monday and Tuesday it snowed a whole bunch and it was so exciting because we were going to have a white Christmas. Something i haven't had for a very long time. It was so awesome!
On Christmas Eve my mom's whole family (Harman side) except for my dear aunt Tammy's family was not able to make it because of the storm, came to our house and we ate a ton of food and then exchanged gifts.
All the kids opening their presentsThis was such an enjoyable time. I was able to sit down with my Grandpa Bud and bond with him quite a bit. We talked a lot about my Grandma Carol and all of the many trials that she went through during her life. I thought this would be a great opportunity to tell him that I did my research paper on her and colon cancer. I didn't quite know how he would take it, but he was so thrilled and he asked to read my papers. He enjoyed them and I think it made him feel good to see how her trial had made such a great impact on my life. The girls that are around my age decided to take a picture with Grandpa Bud to always remember this night.

Me, Lish, Grandpa Bud, Averi, Shalee
Christmas Day was awesome! The first present I opened was a digital camera. I busted out laughing because two days earlier I had exchanged gifts with Josh and he had given me a digital camera for Christmas also, so my mom got a new camera. She was absolutely thrilled. (haha!)
AJ and Summer decided to come to our house and about 30 minutes after they had traveled here they called and said they were stuck just a little ways in front of our house. Although it was not very fun for them. It was worth a picture because the drift was clear up to the hood of his pickup. In this picture I really do promise that his pickup is out there.
We were completely drifted in and housebond for the day, but we decided to make the treck to Declo to go to Gregg and Allison's house for our Christmas Day party. That was so much fun. My grandpa made this amazing caramel popcron that was delicious!
On our way home we got stuck at the corner of our road. It was a complete blizzard outside it was 9:00 PM. It was freezing cold. We all got out of the pickup and footed the 1/2 mile back to our house. Let me tell you that there is a reason that I was born in this century and not with the pioneers because I would not have made it.
We woke up this morning to the road grader trying to plow our road. They couldn't make it pass the five foot drift in front of our house. The walls of snow was like walking in a tunnel. There is so much snow on the roads that the Oakley Highway has been closed all day. It is CRAZY!!!
drift that is blocking our road.

1 comment:
HOLY SNOW!!! Glad your Christmas was fun. Are you back to school now?
Post a Comment