Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I am thankful......

It seems like every year I more and more to be thankful for. I don't know if its because I am becoming older and realizing what is around me more.
1. Tyler
I have such a hardworking amazing husband. He works very long days to help support the two of us. He is always so willing to help out around the house and is so accepting of my long hour job. I don't think he realized all the hours outside of contract hours it took to be a teacher.
2.  My parents
They have been so amazing this past year. They have always been super supportive of whatever I was doing. But they went and helped me pack up the townhouse and hall it back to Burley and then allowed me to stay with them for a week until we could close on our house. I hope one day I can be half the parents they have been to me.
3. Steve and Lorie
They were so great to Tyler and I to live in their townhouse. Also for allowing us to live with them for a while and store our stuff at their house too. I am so thankful for how they raised Tyler to be such a great man and hardworker. I love having family close to. Something I haven't had for a while.
4. My education
I am so glad I went to school at USU the ELED program there prepared me so well to go into a classroom and be a teacher.
5. My job
I am so grateful I was able to get a teaching job even if it was 5 days before school started. My team has been fabulous. They have made sure that I know exactly what I am doing and are always there to answer any question I might have. It feels so weird at times to think that I just teach school and that is my job and not my schooling and then still having a job.
6. My 19 children
I love each and everyone of these kids as if they were my own. My eyes have been opened so much since taking this job. Its so hard for me to accept the fact that half of these 7 and 8 year olds are surviving only because they wake themselves up, fix themselves dinner, and put themselves to bed. Because of the experiences I have shared with them it makes me so thankful for the childhood I had and the saying it takes a community to raise a child is truly shown in these children's lives.
7. Our neighborhood
The people in our ward have been fabulous I think for the first two weeks there was someone coming to our house and welcoming us to the neighborhood and seeing if we needed something.
8. Our home
I am super thankful that we were able to purchase a home. It truly has been a blessing that everything fell into place and it all worked out. We love it! And its nice to be able to call something our own. :)
9. Testimony and prayer
I am so thankful for tyler and i's testimony that we both have. Through this last year I don't know where we would have been without these two things. Its a huge blessing to be on the same page with certain things and be able to rely on the small and simple things.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!




No comments: