As a little girl, you always dream of your wedding day. You plan it out and have every detail exactly as you want it. You imagine all of your friends and family being there. And then sometimes life throws unexpected turns and sometimes those people can't be there physically, but they will always be with you in Spirit.
My shower today was so great. Summer did an amazing job. She is so amazing! I can't believe everything she pulled off. She definitely knows how to throw a party that is for sure.
Anyways...on with the story. My day was made as my Grandma Carol's best friend walked through the door today and gave me a hug and handed me a gift and told me that I may want to open it privately because it may cause tears and today was supposed to be a "happy" day. Well of course the tears came because they always do. I eventually gained my composure and went on with the shower. Pretty soon my Aunt Tammy and Grandma Bev walked through the door with the greatest thing of all. They put together a "Mammy" for me. This is a tradition that was carried on in my Grandma Carol's family. My mom and Aunt Tammy both got one when they got married and so did my Grandma Carol. My Aunt Tammy looked at me and asked if I knew where it came from. The tears flooded down my face and I said, "Grandma Carol."
My shower today was so great. Summer did an amazing job. She is so amazing! I can't believe everything she pulled off. She definitely knows how to throw a party that is for sure.
Anyways...on with the story. My day was made as my Grandma Carol's best friend walked through the door today and gave me a hug and handed me a gift and told me that I may want to open it privately because it may cause tears and today was supposed to be a "happy" day. Well of course the tears came because they always do. I eventually gained my composure and went on with the shower. Pretty soon my Aunt Tammy and Grandma Bev walked through the door with the greatest thing of all. They put together a "Mammy" for me. This is a tradition that was carried on in my Grandma Carol's family. My mom and Aunt Tammy both got one when they got married and so did my Grandma Carol. My Aunt Tammy looked at me and asked if I knew where it came from. The tears flooded down my face and I said, "Grandma Carol."
My Grandma Carol wasn't able to attend this event physically, but she was definitely here in Spirit that is for sure. I sure do miss her, but I know she is always by me!!
......The big day is getting closer....:)

No comments:
Post a Comment