Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Project #1 Complete

Tyler and I decided we wanted a patio in our backyard, but thought down the road we would do it. Well Lowe's and Home Depot have become our newest addiction and we found some pavers that we LOVED. Well the next week they went on sale for a GREAT price, so we decided to go ahead and do it. Tyler researched on how to do a patio yourself. (how deep, how much of this and that) We started in April and just barely finished the final touches of it. This was a pretty big process and I am not sure that I would do it again.
Step 1: Dig a hole in ground that is SUPER hard. It had to be like 8 inches deep or something like that.


All of the pavers we had to unload. All 180!!!

Step 2: Making sure the surface is compacted and flat. Step 3 & 4: Happened while i was at work,crushed rock and sand were put down before the pavers could go down.

Step 5: Put this GIANT puzzle together. Thanks to Trevor and his amazing skills we were able to figure out how each of these could go together. There is more than one way for these pavers to go together, but that doesn't mean it is the correct way. :(

Step 6 & 7: Put sand inside the grooves and wet it down to cement them together.

Step 8: Enjoy it! :)



If I were to ever do a patio again I think I would choose to make sure the pavers have straight edges and fit together only ONE way. But we sure do love this and love the look of it!! :) 

2 comments:

Jaelynn said...

Seeing all of your projects makes me somewhat excited, and at the same time, totally terrified for the day we will finally own a home. Looks good though!

Also, hope life is going well for you! It sure has been a while!

W Smith said...

That looks amazing. Good work. Tyler needs a little sweat in his life anyway. It'll keep him young.