After the Cowboys game was over and Tyler was done celebrating we made the cold trek across Salt Lake to go and look at the lights. I was so excited. Tyler had never been before and I was so excited to be able to share this moment with him. It was a little bit foggy that night and it just made the lights and the temple look more beautiful. I love the Salt Lake Temple and at Christmas Time it just looks even more beautiful.
The classic picture as soon as you walk in through the gates. I love it! :)
I had mentioned to Tyler at one time when we were just sitting and looking at the lights next to one of the fountains there that I thought it was cheesey when guys purposed on Temple Square. I had meant that everybody does it, so I just thought that it was cheesey. He never really agreed with me he just explained to me that it showed a lot of symbolism. I agreed with him and we got up and walked away from that spot and continued walking around Temple Square.
This was the only picture Tyler and I got that night of us together. We asked the lady to please get the Temple in it, but I guess you can't be too picky right?!?
I had such a great time and I didn't think it could have gone any better. I had such a great time walking around and sharing that GREAT feeling with Tyler.
On the way home we missed the Logan exit, so we took a bit of a detour, but I am not complaining! We didn't get back to my apartment until late and we were just sitting on the couch talking. I told Tyler that I was going to go and get in my pj's because it had been a long night. I went and got dressed and was just doing some other odds and ends. When I came out I asked Tyler if he wanted me to make him cinnamon rolls the next day. He said yes. I then when and opened up the fridge and found this bedazzled golf ball in my fridge.....

I immediately shut the fridge and looked at Tyler and said, "Are you for real, Tyler?" He said, "Well lets just open that fridge and see what is in there.." I took out the bedazzled golf ball and opened it and found.......
Yes this all happened right then and there in my apartment kitchen in my pajamas. I have never been so excited before in my life.
After he purposed to me and I calmed down a bit he explained that he was going to purpose to me at Temple Square because he knew it would take me by complete surprise because going there was my idea. However, "I" ruined that about FIVE SECONDS before he was going to purpose to me with the great comment of "I think its cheesey when....." I couldn't have felt more like a brat. But life is always exciting when I am around I guess.
The story of how we met was quite hilarious, so we couldn't have a boring engagement story. I feel so bad and I can't believe he still gave me the ring and wants to marry me after I did that. I felt horrible!
I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with Tyler! It is going to be a great adventure that I can't wait to start.




4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
YAY TASHIE!! that is such a sweet story. CONGRATS!!
We heard about this! and can't wait to hear more details. Eagerly awaiting an invitation. Excited for you guys!
TASHIE FREEKIN ROBINSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i miss you and i love you and im so excited for you! congrats lady!
Post a Comment